Enrolments for Prep are taken in May of each year.
Enrolment applications are assessed against the school’s enrolment policy and acceptance letters sent out in the last week of Term 2. Parents are then encouraged to bring their child to meet with the principal or deputy principal. Families are requested to bring a Baptismal Certificate, Birth Certificate and Immunisation Certificate with them at enrolment me.
Our 2020 Parent Information Presentation for 2021 enrolments can be viewed here https://www.facebook.com/stthereses/videos/254283872580400/
Slides from our 2020 Parent Information Presentation were a little hard to see so we have included the slidshow here https://www.facebook.com/stthereses/videos/261998115158542/
In times of limited vacancies, acceptance of enrolment is based on the following criteria:
- Sibling of children baptised in the Catholic faith already enrolled.
- Siblings of other children already enrolled.
- Children baptised in the Catholic faith who are members of Kennington Catholic Parish.
- Children baptised in the Catholic faith from other parishes.
- Children of other Christian Churches and other faith traditions who attend a Christian school and, with their parents, respect and agree to support the Catholic mission of the school including the religious education it offers for their children.
- Children of other Christian Churches and other faith traditions who, with their parents, respect and agree to support the Catholic mission of the school including the religious education it offers for their children.
- Children who, with their parents, respect and agree to support the Catholic mission of the school including the religious education it offers for their children.
Transition and orientation days
A transition program exists for preschool children starting Prep the following year. This involves two visits to the school early in Term 4. An orientation day also takes place in early December where all children are in their following year’s classroom with their teacher for that year.
Enrolment documents required with birth certificate
All enrolments, regardless of grade level, require presentation of an original birth certificate. The certificate will be copied and returned. A birth extract is not acceptable. For those born outside of Australia, an overseas birth certificate must be presented along with the child’s passport and visa/citizenship details.
School entry immunisation certificate
By law, all children enrolling for the first time at any grade level must provide an immunisation history statement. This statement is obtainable from the Health Department of Local Councils or from Medicare, and will indicate the immunisation status of each child. If your child has not received any immunistations you must still provide an immunisation history statement which states that no vaccines have been given. Children, who for medical reasons, cannot be Immunised, will require a certificate indicating that they are not fully immunised so that the school is aware of their risk to infection and can inform parents of serious outbreaks that your child will need to be excluded from.
Parents who conscientiously object to their child being immunised may make a Statutory Declaration to that effect. However, in the event of an outbreak, all children who are not immunised against the particular disease will be excluded from school for the recommended period of time.
If your child has been baptised, the baptismal certificate should be included with their enrolment.
Code of conduct - volunteers
As part of the government’s introduction of the Child Safe Standards, our School Board and school leadership have developed a Code of Conduct for volunteers.
As of 2017, parents who wish to volunteer their time in the school e.g. classroom reading, sport events etc. will be required to sign this document and return it to the school office. It is strongly recommended that parents also apply for a Working with Children Check.
This can be done online http://www.workingwithchildren.vic.gov.au/ or through Australia Post. (Volunteer – St Therese’s School) A current WWCC is required for parents to be able to attend excursions, school camps etc.